Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Insulation and other Sundry Items

Here in TN, we're in the middle of Snowpacolypse 2011.
This means a few things:
  1. I left work before dark.  Before all that slush on the roads was able to freeze again.
  2. I was able to see my roof, during the snow, in the daylight.
  3. There is nary a gallon of milk, loaf of bread, or dozen eggs to be found in this city right now.
While outside watching the dogs, run around and try to figure out what the hell this stuff is, I was able to get some pictures of our roof.
This is what it looks like now:
I am not tall enough to get a better shot unless I go across the street - NOT happening. 
Anywhoo, see all those visible shingles up there, the ones that aren't covered in snow.  Not good, not good at all.
This is what the roof should look like.
Witness my neighbor's roof:

Obviously, my yard has a better view of their roof.

Since we don't allow it to get above 40 degrees upstairs in the winter (gas heat is expensive,) I'd be willing to bet that if we did, there wouldn't a flake one up top. 

Pretty sure - this means insulation in the attic will come BEFORE the big reno and insulation in the walls (there isn't any in there either.)
I think this is one that we can handle ourselves too....Famous last words.

No comments:

Post a Comment