Monday, October 5, 2009

Finally - The Long Awaited Pictures

They're here! They're here! You can all stop holding your breath. And be as awed and appalled as I am.

Yes, I know, we're missing a shutter upstairs on the left. Apparently, NO ONE took it down, it just happened to be laying in the front room upstairs with a crow bar sitting on top of it. But no one took it down.

Yep, those beautiful 1984 Aztec print couches made the move with us. Yay.



I call this the lamp room. Lovely, isn't it?



And the dining room - I just love that the chandelier is hung so high that you can't even see it in this picture. Ahhh, contractors.


Ok, so this one is a bit dark, but it's a bathroom and there is some really cool tile in the top of the shower.


The best room in the house. My favorite spot to cook a nice meal with a glass of wine...Except that THERE ARE NO COUNTER TOPS. I hate Lowe's and that's all I'll say about it.



After walking around my house and snapping room after room of boxes and ugly couches, I decided I should probably get some pics of why we bought this house....Otherwise, I'm sure you would start to wonder.





Love, love, love this light fixture.


This is the tree in our back yard. Effing amazing. Buck looks like a little Tonka Truck.

And this is the tree in our front yard. Yes, I know, I know, I'm a hippy at heart.


The window in the breakfast room. Details, it's all in the details.


We have 2 of these windows. One in each of the front rooms. Love them both. Please make note of the beautiful yellow, lace window sheers. Gag. One would think that one room of these sheers would be enough....oh no, one would be wrong. These sheers cover every room in the house.

Well, now you've seen some of it. We've got 3200 square feet and 4 bathrooms to deal with, each having what looks like original piping. Home built in 1925. Today we got the news that one of the bathroom drain pipes that is built into the block foundation is leaking into the basement. This is almost comical at this point.

I don't think I'll ever be able to take the key holder off the door.

Congratulations Homeowner.

No comments:

Post a Comment